Who should take this course?
The facination of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
What will you learn?
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with our instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
How can you start learning now?
Get a PADI Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes your manual and video by visiting your dive shop in Kata to enroll in the course. Read the manual and watch the video before meeting with our PADI Instructor to plan your deep diving adventures.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Our PADI Instructor or our shop staff may suggest other gear appropriate for local deep diving.
Dive deeper and earn your next certification:
- Enroll in a Deep Diver course at our dive shop.
- Browse our PADI Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Wreck Diver, Nitrox Diver or Sidemount Diver.
- Check out or dive site overview for deep diving spots
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.